Now that winter has arrived prematurely, we’ll likely be spending more time in front of our screens in December — and Netflix Canada has you covered with a range of Hollywood films, returning television series, and lots of Netflix original films and series.
Hollywood films coming in December include Trolls (Dec. 7), Paddington (Dec. 16), Room (Dec. 23), and the blockbuster Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War (Dec. 25).
Television series include the first season of Blue Planet II (Dec. 4), season six of Wentworth (Dec. 5), season three of Star (Dec. 6), season two of Travelers (Dec. 14), and season three of Greenleaf (Dec. 21).
Netflix has also picked up production of Travelers from Showcase, and will be releasing season three of the sci-fi show starring Canadian actor Eric McCormack. Other returning and new Netflix series include part six of The Ranch (Dec. 7), season three of Wanted (Dec. 13), season four of Fuller House (Dec. 14), and the new Watership Down: Limited Series (tentative release date of Dec. 25).
New Netflix films coming in December include: Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (Dec. 7), a reinvention of Rudyard Kipling’s masterpiece, starring newcomer Rohan Chand as Mowgli along with an all-star cast including Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Matthew Rhys and Naomie Harris; Dumplin’ (Dec. 7), starring Danielle Macdonald as the plus-size, teenage daughter of a former beauty queen (Jennifer Aniston); and The Innocent Man (Dec. 14), a six-part documentary series based on the true crime best-seller by John Grisham on two murders that shook a small town in the 1980s.
Other new Netflix films include ROMA (Dec. 14), a film from Oscar winner Alfonso Cuarón that chronicles a tumultuous year in the life of a middle-class family in Mexico City in the early 1970s; and Bird Box (Dec 21), with Sandra Bullock starring as a mother with her two children who embarks on a desperate and dangerous quest for sanctuary five years after a wave of mass suicides decimates the population.
Here’s the complete list of everything coming to Netflix Canada in December, along with what’s leaving.
VIDEO: New to Netflix Canada in December
Saturday, December 1st
- Battle (Netflix Film) – The right steps. The wrong attitude. But then she shares the dance floor with a new partner, and the rhythm of love takes over.
- Conor McGregor: Notorious
- Crossroads: One Two Jaga (Netflix Film) – Immigrant laborers and corrupt police. In a world of desperation, doing the right thing isn’t just hard. It’s dangerous.
- Get Smart
- Little Women
- Man vs Wild with Sunny Leone: Season 1
- Mary and The Witch’s Flower
- Memories of the Alhambra (Netflix Original, streaming every Saturday) – While looking for the cryptic creator of an innovative augmented-reality game, an investment firm executive meets a woman who runs a hostel in Spain.
- Resident Evil: Afterlife
- Rock Dog
- Yes Man
Monday, December 3rd
- Hero Mask (Netflix Original) – After a rash of mysterious deaths, Crown prosecutor Sarah Sinclair and SSC agent James Blood discover a conspiracy surrounding uncanny new bio-masks.
- The Sound of Your Heart: Reboot Season 2 (Netflix Original) – As Ae-bong’s husband and father of an adorable baby daughter, Seok finds fresh inspiration from his new family and changing responsibilities.
Tuesday, December 4th
- Blue Planet II: Season 1
Wednesday, December 5th
- American Pie
- American Pie 2
- American Wedding
- Bruce Almighty
- Evan Almighty
- Wentworth: Season 6
Thursday, December 6th
- Star: Season 3
Friday, December 7th
- 5 Star Christmas (Netflix Film) – Away from their spouses. Away from the paparazzi and nosy reporters. It’s a foolproof, Christmastime tryst — what could go wrong?
- Dogs of Berlin (Netflix Original) – Two cops investigate the murder of a famous Turkish-German soccer player, but their ethnic and underworld connections mire the case in controversy.
- Dumplin’ (Netflix Film) – Dumplin’ (Danielle Macdonald) is the plus-size, teenage daughter of a former beauty queen (Jennifer Aniston), who signs up for her mom’s pageant as a protest that escalates when other contestants follow her footsteps, revolutionizing the pageant and their small Texas town.
- Free Rein: The Twelve Neighs of Christmas (Netflix Original) – As Bright Fields preps for its Mistletoe Ball, a broken ornament leads Zoe to a family secret, while Gaby finds herself at the mercy of new boss Mia.
- Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (Netflix Film) – Acclaimed actor and director Andy Serkis reinvents Rudyard Kipling’s beloved masterpiece, in which a boy who would become a legend, wants nothing more than to find a home. Torn between two worlds, that of the jungle and that of humankind, Mowgli must navigate the inherent dangers in each on a journey to discover who he really is. Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Freida Pinto, Matthew Rhys and Naomie Harris lead an all-star cast along with newcomer Rohan Chand (“Mowgli”) in this visually spectacular and emotionally moving adventure.
- Nailed It! Holiday! (Netflix Original) – It’s the “Nailed It!” holiday special you’ve been waiting for, with missing ingredients, impossible asks and desserts that look delightfully sad.
- Neo Yokio: Pink Christmas (Netflix Original) – The holidays take a hit as Kaz juggles the Secret Santa competition, his Aunt Angelique’s visit and his nemesis Arcangelo’s Christmas plotting.
- Pine Gap (Netflix Original) – At top-secret U.S.-Australian joint defense facility Pine Gap, fissures appear in the critical alliance as spies work with, and against, each other.
- ReMastered: Who Killed Jam Master Jay? (Netflix Original) – As a groundbreaking ’80s rap act, Run-D.M.C. brought hip-hop to the mainstream. But the murder of the group’s DJ, Jam Master Jay, remains a mystery.
- Super Monsters and the Wish Star (Netflix Original) – Deck the halls with holiday magic and get ready for a fun, festive time. It’s a gift from the Super Monsters … to you!
- The American Meme (Netflix Original) – Follow four social media disruptors — Paris Hilton, Josh Ostrovsky, Brittany Furlan and Kirill Bichutsky — as they hustle to create online empires.
- The Hook Up Plan (Plan Coeur) (Netflix Original) – When Parisian Elsa gets hung up on her ex, her best friends secretly hire a male escort to help her move on. But their plan works a little too well.
- The Ranch: Part 6 (Netflix Original) – Colt confronts the challenges of running a ranch as he and Abby get ready to become parents. And a second new arrival keeps the Bennetts on their toes.
Tuesday, December 11th
- Vir Das: Losing It (Netflix Original) – In a new stand-up special, comedian Vir Das touches on world travel, religion, his desire to be an Indian superhero and more.
Wednesday, December 12th
- Back Street Girls: Gokudols (Netflix Original) – To pay for an epic blunder, three yakuza brothers are forced to alter their bodies, form a girl group and break into the underground J-Pop idol scene.
- Out of Many, One (Netflix Original) – As they prepare for their naturalization tests, several legal immigrants discuss what drove them to seek better opportunities in America.
Thursday, December 13th
- Wanted: Season 3 (Netflix Original) – A witness protection deal lands Lola in Adelaide, where a murder sends her and Chelsea on the run through South Australia in search of a missing woman.
Friday, December 14th
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: “A Midwinter’s Tale” (Netflix Original) – As the winter solstice approaches, Sabrina orchestrates an emotional séance with serious consequences, and Susie’s merry plans turn menacing.
- Cuckoo: Season 4 (Netflix Original) – Hoping to build a career for himself, Dale gives hospitality a try, while lawyer Ken copes badly with some professional issues of his own in Season 4.
- Fuller House: Season 4 (Netflix Original) – The Tanner-Fuller-Gibblers are back with big laughs. DJ and Steve rekindle their flame — and a new member of the family is on the way!
- Inside the Real Narcos (Netflix Original) – Special Forces soldier Jason Fox embeds himself with drug cartels in Mexico, Colombia and Peru to understand the people involved and how they operate.
- Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons: Season 3 (Netflix Original) – Investigative journalist Raphael Rowe, who was once wrongfully convicted of murder, visits prisons in Colombia, Costa Rica, Romania and Norway.
- Prince of Peoria: A Christmas Moose Miracle (Netflix Original) – Teddy’s never missed the Festival of Lights, but the bowling alley’s been snowed in! Not to worry — Emil insists the Christmas moose will save the day.
- ROMA (Netflix Film) – This film from Oscar winner Alfonso Cuarón chronicles a tumultuous year in the life of a middle-class family in Mexico City in the early 1970s.
- Sunderland Til I Die (Netflix Original) – This docuseries follows English soccer club Sunderland through the 2017-18 season as they try to bounce back after relegation from the Premier League.
- The Fix (Netflix Original) – Comedians Jimmy Carr, D.L. Hughley and Katherine Ryan tackle the world’s woes with help from a rotating crew of funny guests and actual experts.
- The Innocent Man (Netflix Original) – Based on the true crime best-seller by John Grisham, the six-part documentary series The Innocent Man focuses on two murders that shook the small town of Ada, Oklahoma, in the 1980s – and the controversial chain of events that followed.
- The Protector (Netflix Original) – Discovering his ties to a secret ancient order, a young man living in modern Istanbul embarks on a quest to save the city from an immortal enemy.
- Tidelands (Netflix Original) – Ex-con Cal McTeer’s return to her hometown Orphelin Bay blows the lid off a generations-long conspiracy of silence around murder, drugs and sirens.
- Travelers: Season 2
- Travelers: Season 3 (Netflix Original) – With the truth about their existence exposed to the world, MacLaren and his team must cover their tracks, partner with the FBI, and find Traveler 001.
- Voltron: Legendary Defender: Season 8 (Netflix Original) – A team of teenagers continues to work together, fighting the forces of evil amid an epic intergalactic battle to protect the universe.
Saturday, December 15th
- Dolphin Tale
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Sunday, December 16th
- Springsteen on Broadway (Netflix Original) – In this acclaimed show based on his best-selling autobiography, Bruce Springsteen performs acoustic versions of his music and shares personal stories.
Tuesday, December 18th
- Baki (Netflix Original) – While martial arts champion Baki Hanma trains hard to surpass his legendary father, five violent death row inmates descend upon Tokyo to take him on.
- Ellen DeGeneres: Relatable (Netflix Original) – Ellen DeGeneres is “Relatable” in her debut Netflix original comedy special premiering December 18. Filmed at Seattle’s Benaroya Hall, Relatable marks Ellen’s return to stand-up after a 15-year hiatus.
- Ip Man 3
- Terrace House: Opening New Doors: Part 5 (Netflix Original) – Takayuki and Aya keep going on dates, but Takayuki’s heart may be set on someone else. New member Shunsuke begins a journey of self-discovery.
Friday, December 21st
- 3Below: Tales of Arcadia (Netflix Original) – After crash-landing in Arcadia, two royal teen aliens struggle to blend in as they evade intergalactic bounty hunters. Created by Guillermo del Toro.
- 7 Days Out (Netflix Original) – Aan intimate look at the excitement and drama of the seven days leading up to the most significant historical and cultural events in the worlds of fashion, food, space, sports, and entertainment. From Karl Lagerfeld preparing for the latest Chanel Haute Couture collection, to NASA’s groundbreaking Cassini mission, 7 Days Out delivers unprecedented, behind-the-scenes access as we countdown the most exciting events in the world.
- Back With the Ex (Netflix Original) – After years apart, four singles will reunite with the exes they just couldn’t forget. But will their past loves feel the same way about them?
- Bad Seeds (Netflix Film) – Troubled by his past, a scam artist who runs a petty racket with his adoptive mom finds redemption while mentoring a group of difficult students.
- Bird Box (Netflix Film) – Five years after a wave of mass suicides decimates the population, a woman and her two children embark on a desperate, dangerous quest for sanctuary.
- Derry Girls (Netflix Original) – Set against the backdrop of the Northern Ireland Troubles, this comic series follows a group of friends as they navigate their teens in the early 1990s.
- Diablero (Netflix Original) – A supernatural fight between good and evil unfolds on the colorful streets of Mexico when a priest enlists the help of a crew led by a legendary demon hunter.
- Greenleaf: Season 3
- LAST HOPE: Part 2 (Netflix Original) – The Pandora team continues to endure a barrage of setbacks that threaten the city, while a vengeful Mr. Gold awaits his chance to enact revenge.
- Perfume (Netflix Original) – A perfumer with a superhuman sense of smell begins killing female students at a boarding school to distill their essence and create the perfect scent.
- Sirius the Jaeger (Netflix Original) – In imperial Tokyo, a group calling themselves “Jaegers” secretly hunt the vampires seeking the Ark of Sirius. Among them is young werewolf, Yuliy.
- Struggle: The Life and Lost Art of Szukalski (Netflix Film) – Underground artists in L.A. discover the work of a forgotten Polish sculptor, a mad genius whose true story unfolds chapter by astounding chapter.
- Tales by Light: Season 3 (Netflix Original) – Season 3 follows a trio of image-makers on voyages of discovery into neighborhoods of India, the reefs of Indonesia, and the backcountry of Australia.
- The Casketeers (Netflix Original) – A docuseries about the wife-and-husband team at Waitakere Funeral Services, as they work with grieving families in an insightful and emotional way.
- Wolf (BÖRÜ) (Netflix Original) – Tasked with risky operations across Turkey, members of a special security unit confront danger and tragedy both on the field and at home.
Sunday, December 23rd
Monday, December 24th
- Hi Score Girl (Netflix Original) – A chronic gamer abysmally inept in academics and sports finally meets his match at his usual shady arcade — and it’s his rich classmate, Akira.
Tuesday, December 25th
- Watership Down: Limited Series (Netflix Original) – A warren of rabbits battles many threats on their daring journey to find a new home in this adaptation of the classic novel by Richard Adams. Release date to be confirmed.
- Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War
Wednesday, December 26th
- Alexa & Katie: Season 2 (Netflix Original) – For best friends Alexa and Katie, sophomore year brings budding romance, a major breakup, a birthday milestone — and big lessons they’ll never forget.
- You (Netflix Original) – Obsessed with an aspiring writer, a brilliant bookstore manager begins quietly and strategically removing all obstacles that keep her from him.
Thursday, December 27th
- Instant Hotel (Netflix Original) – Teams of Australian homeowners compete for the title of best Instant Hotel by staying overnight in each other’s rentals and rating their experience.
- La noche de 12 años (Netflix Film) – Three political prisoners, including future president of Uruguay José Mujica, are held in clandestine captivity by Uruguay’s military dictatorship.
- Murder Mountain (Netflix Original) – A man goes missing in Humboldt County, California, exposing a dangerous and untenable web of violence, drugs and police apathy.
- Selection Day (Netflix Original) – Between an overbearing father and an underhanded system, a cricket prodigy and his brother grapple with their own ambitions, demons and identities.
- When Angels Sleep (Netflix Film) – A businessman falls asleep at the wheel and hits a woman with his car. His interactions with her frightened friend unleash a string of dark events.
- Yummy Mummies (Netflix Original) – Follow four young mothers with enviable lifestyles throughout their pregnancies, as they delve into a chaotic new reality with newborn babies.
Saturday, December 29th
- Eating Animals
Leaving Netflix in December
Saturday, December 1st
- Bones: Seasons 1-5
- Gone Girl
- Hidden Figures
Thursday, December 20th
- Disney’s Moana
Monday, December 31st
- Bob’s Burgers: Seasons 1-7
- New Girl: Seasons 1-6
All titles and dates are subject to change.