Posted January 20, 2019
kawarthaNOW.com is seeking a new Events Editor with a starting date of March 1, 2019.
The Events Editor is an integral member of the kawarthaNOW team. Our website is a primary source of local event information for both residents of and visitors to Peterborough and the Kawarthas, with hundreds of events posted every month.
In this part-time permanent contract position, you will be responsible for researching, posting, monitoring, and maintaining local event information on our website, including community events, music events, arts events, business events, and more.
This position will require a minimum of 30 hours a month (an average of 7.5 hours over several days each week) and will pay a starting wage of $18 per hour.
- Research and source information from local websites, digital newsletters, and social media accounts for events taking place in Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Hastings, and Haliburton.
- Rewrite or edit event and venue information and input it into our web-based event system.
- Edit and moderate events submitted by the public to our web-based event system.
- Update and correct event and venue information as required and when requested by event organizers and venue owners.
- Follow up with event organizers to obtain more information as required.
- Consult with the Managing Editor and Publisher on events as required.
- Submit monthly invoices and reports documenting work completed.
- Advanced research and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Fast and accurate typing.
- Attention to detail.
- Your own home or office work location, your own computer or laptop, and your own access to the internet (no public wi-fi).
- You must be an active daily user of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
Please submit your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, February 1, 2019.
Interviews will take place during the week of February 11 to 15 with training provided prior to the start date of March 1, 2019.
While we will review all applications, we will only contact qualified applicants for interviews.