Posted on July 12, 2017
kawarthaNOW.com is currently seeking an experienced freelance Lifestyle Writer.
This part-time contract position involves writing lifestyle editorial for our website, which can include stories related to tourism, family, recreation, fashion, food, and more. Additional assignments for business or community editorial may also be available. The number of hours of work vary from week to week depending on editorial requirements.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience writing for publications (print or online)
- Demonstrated interviewing skills and experience
- Your own work location and your own vehicle (some local travel may be required)
- Your own computer/laptop, smartphone and/or camera
- Outgoing personality and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with cloud-based file sharing services
- Photography/videography skills are strongly preferred.
We offer competitive hourly rates and a flexible work schedule.
Please submit your resume along with at least three examples of your writing to email@example.com. In your covering letter, please describe how your skills would fit with the style and quality of content published on kawarthaNOW.com.
If you are interested, please apply by 5 p.m. on Friday, July 21, 2017.
We will only contact qualified applications for interviews. We may consider less qualified applicants for future job opportunities.