On Wednesday (August 21), the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) announced the results of the province’s second cannabis store lottery — and a proposed store on the border of Kawartha Lakes and Peterborough County is on the list.
Huge Shops Ontario Inc. was one of the seven successful applicants in East Region, out of 42 across the province.
Huge Shops is proposing a store to be located at 566 Frank Hill Road in Fowlers Corners. This is the plaza at the northwest corner of Highway 7 and Frank Hill Road that contains a Coffee Time store.
Huge Shops is a Toronto-based cannabis retailer that has a strategic alliance with Chairman’s Brands, parent company of Coffee Time.
In December 2018, cannabis grower FSD Pharma of Cobourg invested $14 million in Huge Shops to acquire at least 10 Coffee Time stores as recreational cannabis suppliers.
AGCO states it received more than 4,800 expressions of interest in the lottery. Applicants had to demonstrate they had secured retail space for a store, and that they had sufficient capital to operate a store.
Two other applicants in the Kawarthas are on the wait list for East Region: Lloyd Tucker at 1434 Chemong Road Unit #1 in Selwyn Township, and Cirrolion Capital Inc. at 351 Kent Street West in Lindsay (across from Whitney Town Centre).
The successful applicants have until next Wednesday (August 28) to complete an application for the proposed store. If an applicant is found to be ineligible for a retail operator licence or retail store authorization, those on the wait list will have an opportunity to apply.
Here’s the full list of those who won the cannabis lottery, with the legal name of the applicant and the address of the proposed store:
- Patricia, Gertrude, Donnelly, 589 Fairview Rd. S., Kitchener
- Noah Soberano, 1135 Richmond St., London
- 2249364 Ontario Inc., 1400 Upper James St. Suite 8, Hamilton
- Pietro Greco, 115 Division St., Welland
- Kyriakos G. Anastasiadis, 545 Ouellette Ave., Windsor
- 11535447 Canada Corp., 1338 S. Service Rd., Building C 5 Unit 2, Winona Crossing Shopping Centre, Stoney Creek
- Robert Chomiak, 1310 Fanshawe Park Rd. W., Unit F1, London
- Bara Bahlul, 8685 Lundy’s Lane, Unit 6, Niagara Falls
- Eleonora Plata, 1142 Wilson St. W., Unit 9, Ancaster
- Hratch Abrahamian, 395 Ontario St., Suite B2, St. Catharines
- John Reynolds, 120 Wyndham St. N., Guelph.
- Ronen Ackerman, 2008 Commerce Park Dr., Innisfil
- Ethan Stark, 4335 Strandherd Dr., Unit 3, 4, 5, Nepean
- Huge Shops Ontario Inc., 566 Frank Hill Rd., Peterborough
- German Olga, 1988 Commerce Park Dr., Innisfil
- Ilim Uzunova, 1982 Commerce Park Dr., Innisfil
- Louis Laskovski, 312 Hurontario St., Collingwood
- Sofia Kuliev, 65 Collier St., Barrie.
- Cory Floyd Cacciavillani, 1025 Plains Rd. E., Burlington
- Ekrem Uzunova, 20 Simcoe St. S., Oshawa
- Grant Willson, 15243 Yonge St., Unit 3, Aurora
- Corner Grass Corp., 5779 Main St., Unit 105, Stouffville
- Ravino Junaev, 20 Simcoe St. S., Oshawa
- 2674620 Ontario Limited, 1505 Guelph Line, Unit 3-4, Burlington
- 9247220 Canada Ltd., 570 Bloor St. W.
- Najla Guthrie, 964 Kingston Rd.
- 11180673 Canada Inc., 104 Harbord St.
- 1916384 Alberta Ltd., 619 King St. W.
- Jason Krulicki, 2480-2490 Gerrard St. E., Unit 20A.
- Brian F. Parker, 1303 Queen St. E.
- 2197130 Alberta Ltd., 1180 Queen St. W.
- Varant Kichian, 213 Queen St. E.
- Maria Laura Rasile, 237 Queen St. W.
- Helene Vassos, 730 Danforth Ave., Suite 1
- 2464 Dufferin Inc., 2464 Dufferin St.
- 2708654 Ontario Ltd., 501 Church St.
- Junaid Khan, 815 Queen St. W.
- Thomas Miszuk, 317 Northern Ave. S., Sault Ste. Marie
- CC alliance, 273 Pine St. S., Timmins
- Carl Ignatius, 420 Second St. S., Kenora
- Gerald Harrison, 1802 Victoria Ave. E., Thunder Bay
- Lorne J. Fine, 390 Lakeshore Dr., Suite 3, North Bay.