As of Friday (April 2), all residents of the greater Kawarthas region aged 70 and over in 2021 can make COVID-19 vaccination appointments through the provincial booking system.
On Thursday afternoon, the Ontario government announced expanded booking eligibility in 10 public health unit regions, including all three in the greater Kawarthas region: Peterborough Public Health, Hastings Prince Edward Public Health, and the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit.
Appointments at local mass immunization clinics can be made online at ontario.ca/bookvaccine.
The government also announced the AstraZeneca vaccine will be available at 350 more pharmacies across the province, including selected pharmacies in the greater Kawarthas region. The AstraZeneca vaccine is available by appointment to those 55 or older in 2021.
Residents of the greater Kawarthas region can contact the pharmacies below to make an appointment. You will have to join a waitlist if the selected pharmacy has not yet received its vaccine doses.
- Costco Pharmacy (485 The Parkway, Peterborough) – b.telehippo.com/o/w591
- High St. Guardian Pharmacy (815 High St. Unit 9, Peterborough) – www.ptboguardian.com/covid-19
- Walmart Pharmacy (1002 Chemong Rd., Peterborough) – walmart.ca/en/covid19-vaccinations-centre-info
City of Kawartha Lakes
- Kawartha Lakes Pharmacy (4A-55 Angeline St. N., Lindsay) – kawarthalakespharmacy.com
- Shoppers Drug Mart (341-343 Kent St. W., Lindsay) – covid-19.shoppersdrugmart.ca
- Walmart Pharmacy (73 Strathy Rd., Cobourg) – walmart.ca/en/covid19-vaccinations-centre-info
- Rx Drug Mart (16 Grand Rd., Campbellford) – pharmaconnect.ca/appointment/0f920718-d583-4578-b2e8-ad8b431765bd
- Port Hope Pharmasave (60 Ontario St., Port Hope) – https://pharmasave9745.medmeapp.ca/schedule
As of April 2, 2021, there are no pharmacies in Haliburton County offering the AstraZeneca vaccine. For the most up-to-date list of pharmacies offering vaccination appointments, visit covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.
- Shoppers Drug Mart (118 Hastings St. N., Bancroft) – covid-19.shoppersdrugmart.ca
- Kelly’s Guardian Drug Store (411 Bridge St. E., Belleville) – kellysguardiandrugstore.medmeapp.ca/schedule/
Prince Edward County
- Pharma Plus (97 Main St., Picton) – rexall.medmeapp.com/schedule
The provincial government expects another 800 pharmacies across Ontario will be offering the vaccine by the end of April 2021.
For the most up-to-date list of pharmacies offering vaccination appointments, visit covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.