kawarthaNOW.com and Showplace Performance Centre in Peterborough are offering a special opportunity for you and nine guests to win a wing of the theatre’s balcony to see Victor Wainwright and the Wildroots on Saturday, October 31st — part of the Elite Blues Series.
Enter the contest below for your chance to win 10 exclusive balcony seats, as well as two pints each from the Publican House Brewery — a value of $420! And you’ll also get a private meet-and greet backstage with Victor and his band before the show — priceless!
Victor Wainwright is arguably one of the world’s most electric live performers. Larger than life in every sense of the phrase, “the Piana from Savannah” is a consummate entertainer, and a piano player and vocalist of the highest caliber.
From American roots to boogie-woogie, honky-tonk, soul, and genuine rock ‘n’ roll, the man has the blues cornered from every corner. Regardless of where your personal musical proclivities may lie, Victor is guaranteed to knock your socks off.Victor’s band The Wildroots are comprised of some of the heaviest young players on the scene: the incomparably skilled and intuitive Memphis native Nick Black on lead electric guitar, Florida’s own powerhouse and human drum machine Billy Dean, and the incredible driver of the groove: sweet Mississippi bassist Terrence Grayson.
You’ll also get to see The Paul DesLauriers Band, who are opening for Victor and The Wildroods. The Paul DesLauriers Band is a blues-rock power trio from Montreal featuring Maple Blues Award winner guitarist-singer Paul DesLauriers, drummer Sam Harrisson, and bassist Greg Morency.
Treat you and your friends to a remarkable Hallowe’en evening of live blues music!
To enter the contest, simply submit your name and your email address and telephone number below. The contest closes at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 28, 2015. The winner, who will be randomly selected from all entries, will be announced on Thursday, October 29th.
Description of Prizes and Contest Rules
- The prize package (approximate value of $420) consists of:
- 10 tickets for contiguous seats in a wing of the Showplace balcony (value $340)
- 2 pints of Publican House Brewery beer per person (total value $80)
- pre-show meet-and-greet session backstage with Victor Wainwright and The Wildroots
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- One entry per contestant will be accepted.
- The contest closes at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 28, 2015. Entries received after the contest closes will not be eligible for the draw.
- After the contest closes, kawarthaNOW will draw one entry randomly from all eligible entries and will announce the winner on Thursday, October 29, 2015.
- In the event that the winner does not accept the prize package as awarded, or if kawarthaNOW is unable to contact the winner within 24 hours after the contest closes, kawarthaNOW reserves the right to make another random draw to choose a new winner.
- The odds of winning depends on the total number of entries received from all contestants.
- The winner must accept the prize package as awarded. There will be no cash or prize substitutions, and transfer or sale of any or all prizes is not allowed.
- Employees of the contest sponsors (Showplace, kawarthaNOW, and Publican House Brewery) and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- kawarthaNOW is not responsible for entries that are not received in the event of a technical error or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control.
- kawarthaNOW reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this contest in the event of a technical failure, fraudulent activity that undermines the integrity of the contest, or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control.
- The winner of the contest agrees to allow the contest sponsors (Showplace, kawarthaNOW, and Publican House Brewery) to publicly share his or her name, including on social media. The contest sponsors agree to not share any other personal information provided by the winner (email address and telephone number).
For more information about the contest, contact kawarthaNOW at firstname.lastname@example.org.