Maryam Monsef, Member of Parliament for Peterborough-Kawartha, officially opened her Peterborough constituency office on Monday, February 8th and held an open house.
MP Monsef’s constituency office, located in Suite 4 (ground level) at 417 Bethune Street in Peterborough, is already open to serve constituents from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. Peterborough-Kawartha constituents can contact the constituency office by phone at 705-745–2108 or toll free at 1-800-567-8554, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the main office in Peterborough, MP Monsef has opened a rotating office in each rural township in the County of Peterborough:
- In Douro-Dummer, the office is located in the Township Office (894 South St., Warsaw) on the first Tuesday of each month, starting February 2nd.
- In Trent Lakes, the office is located in the Township Office (760 Peterborough County Road 36, Trent Lakes) on the second Tuesday of each month, starting February 9th.
- In Selwyn, the office is located at Lakefield Scout Ship (13 Water St. N., Lakefield) on the second Thursday of each month, starting February 11th.
- In North Kawartha, the office is located in the boardroom of the North Kawartha Public Library (175 Burleigh St., Apsley) on the third Thursday of each month, starting February 18th.
- In Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, the office is located in the Township Office (1 Ottawa St. E., Havelock) on the fourth Wednesday of each month, starting February 24th.
The rotating office in each location will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the days indicated. Constituents are welcome to drop in during the office hours, or call ahead to make an appointment.
Staff in the offices can assist constituents who need help dealing with federal departments, agencies, and services, including:
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS), Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- Canada Post
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Canada Student Loans
- Congratulatory Scrolls
- Employment Insurance Benefits (EI)
- Government information
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Parole Board of Canada
- Passport Canada
- Veterans Affairs
While all office staff are available to help constituents on any issue, constituents can contact the following staff for specific inquiries and issues:
- Lauren (meeting requests and media inquiries)
- Marisa (citizenship and immigration issues
- Peter (all other federal departments and agencies)
- Shivaan (congratulatory scrolls and passport review)