The City of Peterborough wants to hear from you about the potential sale of Peterborough Distribution Inc. (PDI) to Hydro One.
The city is launching a community consultation called “talkPDI” beginning on Monday, October 31st, to inform city residents — as well as PDI customers in Norwood and Lakefield — of the details of the anticipated offer from Hydro One and to receive community feedback.
“Let’s talk PDI,” says Allan Sekbrook, City of Peterborough Chief Administrative Officer. “We want to provide residents with the details of the upcoming offer and ensure everyone has an opportunity to share their feedback.”
To engage as many citizens as possible, the community consultation includes:
Public Open Houses
Peterborough residents are invited to drop in anytime between 5 and 8 p.m. to view details of the proposed offer and discuss details directly with city representatives. Comment cards will be available to collect feedback.
- Tuesday, November 1 at The Canadian Canoe Museum (910 Monaghan Rd., Peterborough)
- Wednesday, November 2 at Peterborough Lions Community Centre (347 Burnham St., Peterborough)
- Thursday, November 3 at Clonsilla Fire Station #3 (839 Clonsilla Ave., Peterborough)
- Wednesday November 9 at Peterborough Lawn Bowling Club (577 McDonnel St., Peterborough)
- Thursday November 10 at Activity Haven Senior Centre (180 Barnardo Ave., Peterborough)
Norwood and Lakefield residents are invited to drop in anytime between 6 and 8 p.m. to view details of the proposed offer and discuss details directly with city representatives. Comment cards will be available to collect feedback.
- Tuesday, November 15 at Norwood Arena and Community Centre – Millennium Room (88 Alma St., Norwood)
- Wednesday, November 16 Lakefield Smith Community Centre – Niels Pind Room (20 Concession St., Lakefield)
Look for the Pop-Up Booth throughout the City. City representatives will be handing out information about the proposed offer and collecting comment cards.
City of Peterborough Website
Beginning Monday, October 31st, visit www.peterborough.ca/talkPDI to access information on the potential sale of PDI to Hydro One, read frequently asked questions, and provide your feedback online.
Comment cards will be available at most city facilities beginning Monday, October 31st until Friday, November 18th.
Twitter Town Hall
Join the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #talkPDI on Thursday, November 17th between 5 and 6 p.m.
Telephone and Email
Call 705-742-7777 ext. 1677 or email your comments to talkPDI@peterborough.ca.
Large Format Town Hall
In response to a request received at the October 24th City Council meeting, city staff are working on a large format town hall meeting. Details are still to be determined and will be released at a later date.