Come to the Morrow Building on Wednesday, September 27th from noon to 7 p.m. to discover and connect with the local business community at the LoveLocalPtbo Business Expo.
The annual event, organized and hosted by the Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce, is a fun and relaxed way for members of the public to learn more about the diverse local businesses and services in the Peterborough area. Last year’s trade show attracted more than 1,000 people.
Locally owned and operated Signarama Peterborough — the most comprehensive local source for all sign, exterior lighting, and large format printing — returns this year as as the show sponsor, and locally owned and operated online media company kawarthaNOW.com is the show’s digital media sponsor.
With more than 110 exhibitors this year, you can find a business representing virtually every sector of the local economy, including professional services, health and wellness, technology, energy, financial services, media, publishing, hospitality, and more
As well as valuable information about products and services available locally, there’ll also be food and beverage sampling, swag, and many door prizes to win — including a Lenovo notebook from MicroAge and an Apple iPad.
Parking and admission are free, as is entry for the door prizes. There’s also free WiFi inside the Morrow Building, courtesy of Cogeco, and free tea and coffee will be available all day.
With so many businesses participating in the LoveLocalPtbo Business Expo, it can be overwhelming where to begin, so the trade show has a series of “zones” highlighting businesses in a common industry or field:
- The Holistic Health and Wellness Zone, sponsored by the Chamber, features health and wellness practitioners, coaches and support services, and a variety of body/mind/spirit related businesses.
- The Start and Grow Zone, sponsored by Peterborough and the Kawarthas Economic Development, features new and expanding businesses that have come through the organization’s Business Advisory Centre.
- The Innovation Zone, sponsored by Innovation Cluster Peterborough and the Kawarthas, features local innovative businesses including ag tech, clean tech, digital, and young entrepreneurs who are part of FastStart.
- The Green Business Zone, sponsored by Peterborough Utilities, features local eco-friendly businesses. New this year is the Water Wagon, where members of the public can refill their reusable water bottles at no charge — a small but important step to make the LoveLocalPtbo Business Expo a little “greener.”
- New this year is the Micro Business Zone, which features smaller businesses who in the past may not have participated in the trade show.
The Networking Café returns again this year, sponsored by the City of Peterborough. A selection of lunches will also be available for purchase, and free tea and coffee will be available all day.
For those who want a slightly stronger beverage, Smithavens Brewing Company will be selling their locally produced beers on tap.
The LoveLocalPtbo Business Expo is truly a community event showcasing the diversity of our local businesses and reflects the Chamber’s important message for our community: “keep your town in business by keeping your business in town.”
For more on the LoveLocalPtbo Business Expo, visit the Chamber’s website at www.peterboroughchamber.ca.