The Impact 32 Expert Auction is back for another year, raising funds to build much-needed permanent docks for Bobcaygeon.
Last year’s auction raised over $25,000, and organizers hope this year’s auction will raise even more.
“Auctioneer Shaun Evans has a great line up on the auction block again,” says Carly Poole, founding member of Impact 32, a volunteer steering committee of local business owners and community organizers that support the economic development and community beautification of Bobcaygeon.
“Everything from traditional services like personal, home and vehicle to experiences like an in-home improv party or guesting on the morning show on Country 105.”
The Expert Auction — a variation of a regular auction where you bid on time offered by local experts rather than items — takes place on Saturday, November 4th from 6:30 to 11 p.m. at Lakeview Arts Barn (2300 Pigeon Lake Rd., Bobcaygeon).
Here are some of the items on the auction block:
- High Seas Adventure with Captain Frank from Happy Days Houseboats
- Hair style, professional makeup application, manicure, and luxury products from Cosmopolitan Salon and Spa
- 60-minute Happy Hour Improv Workshop with Second City’s Dave Pearse and Jennine Profeta
- Co-host the Morning Show at Country 105
- Personalized day on the water experience with Buckeye Marine
- Bake like the pros including tips and tricks at Bobcaygeon Bakery
- Personal shopping experience with gift card from Bigley’s Shoes & Clothing
- Brew your own batch of beer from start to finish at Old Dog Brewery
- Kawartha Lakes Honey’s Bee Yard and Honey House tour
- Six local expert yoga instructors from Passport to Prana providing one free class each
- Learn to renew and restore furniture from Good Pickins and Town and Country Decorating Centre.
The evening will also feature a silent auction with items donated by local businesses, along with donated prizes, games, live entertainment, and more.
Some of the auction items and prizes include a hand-knitted shawl from Julie Anderson of Bird’s Wool Shopper, a dozen tarts and a $100 gift certificate from Bobcaygeon Bakery, hand-made pottery from Peace of Earth, sculptures from Garden Art by Sandy, his and her heated jackets from Jermyn Lumber, Leaf tickets from Darling Insurance, and cheesecakes from Cake by the Lake.
Tickets are $45 each ($400 for a table of 10) and include canapes, a dessert buffet, and a cash bar.
Tickets are available now in Bobcaygeon at My Favourite Things (10 King St. E., 705-738-9090), Kawartha Coffee Co. (49 Bolton St., 705-738-1500), Darling Insurance (7 Main St., 705-738-2042), and LiveWell (58 Duke St., 705-738-4554).