Some roads and lanes in downtown Peterborough and in East City will be temporarily closed on Sunday, February 24th for the Peter Adams Winter Run in support of the YMCA.
The following roads will be temporarily closed from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on February 24th:
- Aylmer Street between Lansdowne Street and Rink Street
- Princess Street between George Street and Rink Street
- London Street between Aylmer Street and Water Street
- George Street between Parkhill Road and Sherbrooke Street
- Perry Street between Park Street and Crescent Street
- Crescent Street between Perry Street and Haggart Street
- Haggart Street between Crescent Street and Edwards Street
- Edwards Street between Haggart Street and Lansdowne Street
- Ashburnham Drive between Maria Street and Old Norwood Road
- Hunter Street between Ashburnham Drive and Rogers Street
- Armour Road between Douro Street and Maria Street
Temporary lane closures on the following roads will slow traffic from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on February 24th:
- Aylmer St between Rink Street and London Street
- George Street between Sherbrooke Street and Princess Street
- Lansdowne Street between Edwards Street and Ashburnham Drive
Volunteer road marshals and officers with the Peterborough Police Service will be on the route assisting with local traffic.
Proceeds from the annual winter run will support the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.
In December 2018, the YMCA of Central East Ontario renamed its annual winter fundraising run to honour the late Peter Adams, who served as both a federal and provincial politician in the riding of Peterborough.
One of the run’s original race directors, Adams was a dedicated and lifelong runner who loved running in downtown Peterborough. He died on September 28, 2018 at the age of 82.