Parks Canada is preparing for the opening of the 2019 boating season on the Trent-Severn Waterway and will be conducting spring maintenance on some of its swing bridges and sites over the next few weeks.
The bridge work includes preventative maintenance tasks like washing and greasing swing bridges, and conducting visual inspections to ensure their safe operation.
The following swing bridges in Peterborough will be temporarily closed for regular spring maintenance, weather permitting:
- Warsaw Road Swing Bridge will be closed from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 24th.
- Maria Street Swing Bridge will be closed from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30th.
- McFarlane Street Bridge will be closed from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 1st.
Motorists are advised to plan alternate routes during these closures.
In addition to the temporary bridge closures listed above, Parks Canada will be conducting seasonal maintenance until mid-May on the certain bridges that cross the Trent-Severn Waterway. The maintenance will not close the bridges, but vehicles may experience short delays of about 10 minutes.
The bridges include:
- Carrying Place Swing Bridge
- Glenn Ross Swing Bridge
- Ranney Falls Swing Bridge (Campbellford)
- Hastings Swing Bridge
- Bobcaygeon Swing Bridge
- Bolsover Swing Bridge
- Boundary Road Swing Bridge
- Lakeshore Road Swing Bridge
- Couchiching Bridge
To accommodate school bus traffic, Parks Canada will try to restrict bridge delays to between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
For more information about the Trent-Severn Waterway, visit www.parkscanada.gc.ca/trent.