Effective on Monday (October 19), the COVID-19 assessment centre at Ross Memorial Hospital in Lindsay will move inside the hospital.
The existing drive-through centre will close at the end of the day on Friday (October 16).
The new location of the assessment centre is in the former admitting area at the south side of the hospital (the current admitting department is now located inside the main entrance).
The new location is separated from other clinical programs and areas within the hospital, “to support the safety of all patients, staff, and physicians” according to a media release from the hospital.
Testing is by appointment only. The hospital has provided the following instructions for booking and getting a test.
How to book an appointment
- First, visit the provincial COVID-19 website to learn if you qualify for testing under the current provincial testing guidelines.
- Call 705-328-6217 or request an appointment online at www.rmh.org.
- Do not leave multiple messages or submit multiple forms.
- Appointments are available Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- You will receive a call back within one or two business days.
When arriving for your appointment
- Arrive to the hospital at your appointment time.
- Park in the short-term parking lot at the south side of the hospital, entering from Kent Street. There is no charge for parking for those visiting the assessment centre. All other patients should use short- or long-term parking on the north side of the hospital.
- Wear a mask.
- Bring your health card and identification.
- Proceed to the south entrance (follow signage for COVID-19 Assessment Centre).
- Maintain physical distancing from others awaiting testing.
If symptoms are severe, including difficulty breathing, chest pain, confusion or losing consciousness, you should be seen in the hospital’s emergency department immediately.
To stay up-to-date on the latest COVID-19 information at Ross Memorial Hospital, visit www.rmh.org/covid-19