Pubs & Bars

The Historic Red Dog Tavern

189 Hunter St. W.
Peterborough, Ontario K9H 2L1


Phone: 705-750-1710
Email: matt@thereddogtavern.com
Website: www.thereddogtavern.com
In 1883, the Red Dog originally opened as Clancy's Hotel and was owned by John Sullivan and John Clancy. It has also been known as the Peterborough House, The American Hotel/House and Brownie's Tavern, but the Dog got its current name from former owner "Red Dog" Ray McGregor. Dubbed the "home of live entertainment", legendary artists such as Neil Young, Ronnie Hawkins, Jeff Healey and the Tragically Hip have graced the stage. The Red Dog can accommodate up to 250 patrons.