Showplace Performance Centre in downtown Peterborough has quietly released its 2019/20 “Showplace Presents” season, but the offerings are anything but quiet.
Burton Cummings and Serena Ryder are two of the star musical acts coming to Showplace later this year, with Cummings performing on Sunday, December 1st and Ryder on Friday, December 20th.
Ryder, who was raised in Millbrook and attended Peterborough Collegiate and Vocational School, last performed at Showplace on December 15, 2017, to a sell-out crowd.
Other iconic musical acts include Lighthouse and the Irish Rovers, and the popular Classic Albums Live series returns with note-by-note recreations of Zeppelin IV, Fleetwood Mac’s Greatest Hits, and The Beatles’ Let It Be.
Also returning are two more instalments of Foley’s East Coast Pub, the annual Cozy Christmas concert, Next Generation Leahy, and more.
Here’s the full list of “Showplace Presents” shows announced to date:
- September 19-20 – Music of the 70s (Showplace fundraiser)
- September 29 – Foley’s East Coast Pub
- October 3 – Classic Albums Live – Zeppelin IV
- October 10 – Lighthouse (50th Anniversary Tour)
- October 18 – Spidey (International Hypnotist/Mentalist)
- November 29 – Countermeasure
- December 1 – Burton Cummings: Up Close and Alone
- December 3 – Men of The Deeps
- December 15 – Cozy Christmas
- December 20 – Serena Ryder – The 2019 Christmas Kisses Tour
- December 22 – Next Generation Leahy
- January 31 – Classic Albums Live – Fleetwood Mac: Greatest Hits
- February 23 – Irish Rovers
- March 15 – Foley’s Irish Pub
- April 2 – Classic Albums Live – Beatles: Let It Be
- April 3 – Danny Bronson: The Music Of Neil Diamond
With the exception of Serena Ryder (tickets go on sale Tuesday, July 16th at 10:30 a.m.), tickets are now available for all these shows at www.showplace.org.
By purchasing tickets for “Showplace Presents” events, you are not only guaranteed a great night of entertainment, but any net revenue from the shows goes back into supporting the Showplace, a non-profit charitable organization.
In addition to the “Showplace Presents” series, the venue is also hosting the following shows this summer and fall:
- July 13 – Motown Gold
- August 11 – Roy Orbinson: The All-Star Tribute
- September 28 – A Musical Tribute To The Highwaymen
- October 5 – We Walk The Line – Tribute To Johnny Cash
- October 6 – Beatles Versus Stones – Battle Of The Brits
- October 20 – The John Denver Experience
- October 26 – Red Green’s “This Could Be It!” Tour
- November 1 – Green River Revival – The Best Of CCR
- November 20 – Four By Four “The Holiday Show”
- December 21 Elvis: Blue Christmas
With new shows being added all the time, there’s even more entertainment to experience at Showplace Performance Centre over the next year.
And stay tuned to kawarthaNOW.com over the coming months for profiles on some of the upcoming performances at Showplace.