First Friday Peterborough is returning to the downtown core on Friday evening (December 5).
The free, self-guided, family-friendly art crawl takes place every month at various galleries, businesses, venues, and artist studios, with most exhibits open from 6 to 10 p.m.
With many artists and artisans also selling their works, it’s a great opportunity to find unique locally made gifts for the holiday season.
Here’s a list of what’s happening and where on December 3:
- You Are Here, featuring new work on paper and plywood and watercolours by Jeffery Macklin, at Acme Art (Commerce Building, 129 1/2 Hunter St. W.)
- Paintings by Anita Murphy at Anita Murphy Studio Five (Commerce Building, 129 1/2 Hunter St. W., #5)
- ARTISANity Show and Sale at Artisans Centre Peterborough (Peterborough Square, 360 George St. N., Unit #3)
- The Untitled Auction at Artspace (378 Aylmer St.)
- 3rd Annual Winter Market at Atelier Ludmilla (Commerce Building, 129 1/2 Hunter St., #1)
- 2nd Annual Art Festivus Open Studio and Art Market, featuring Lisa Martini Dunk, Roz Hermant, Victoria Wallace, Miguel Hernandez, and Marcia Watt at Atelier Victoria Wallace (280 Perry St,, Unit 10A)
- Stars, Guitars, Bodies and Clouds, featuring new work by Anne Cavanagh and Victoria Wallace, at Black Honey (221 Hunter St. W.)
- Blue Frogs Legs Christmas Wonderland at Blue Frogs Legs (393 Water St., 3rd floor, Studio 7)
- Vargas Girls – Tassels and Tatas at Cathy Ogrodnik Studio (393 Water St., Unit 16)
- Works by Joe Stable in The Copper Closet at Acme Art (Commerce Building, 129 1/2 Hunter St. W.)
- Paddler Press, Peterborough’s New Poetry and Art Journal, at Francey Studio (Commerce Building, 129 1/2 Hunter St. W., #3, 2nd floor)
- Winterberry Things Tea Towels and Knickers at Madderhouse Textile Studios (383 Water St.)
- Print sale by Benj Rowland and Kathryn Durst at Mayhemingways (381 Water St., 2nd floor, Unit #15)
- Free art activity in the studio, featuring pen and ink and watercolour with Hanna Mark, at META4 Contemporary Craft Gallery (164 Hunter St W.)
- Art Social with Sarah Crook at 7 p.m. with live music by SJ Riley at 9 p.m. at Spankys (201 Hunter St. W.)
- Precarious3 Festival Resident Panel at 7 p.m. at The Theatre on King (171 King St.)
- Livestock photography by Joyce Arends and pottery by Bill Reddick, with live music at Treblecock Studio (159 King St, Suite 108)
- Livestream of Precarious3 Festival Resident Panel at 7 p.m. at The Gallery of Sorts at Watson & Lou (383 Water St.)
- Original paintings by Luke Despatie, Tassels and Tatas by Cathy Ogrodnik, and original paintings by Emma Odigski at WeDesign Group studio (Commerce Building, 129 1/2 Hunter St. W., #3, 2nd floor)
- Deck The Walls Show & Sale at Peterborough Arts Collective at Wilkins Art & Creative (7-188 Hunter St. W.)
The volunteer-run First Friday Peterborough has also hired a new marketing and events coordinator.
Melissa Wilson is a visual artist most recently involved with Love for the Boro. The Oshawa native, who has worked at the Robert McLaughlin Gallery in Oshawa, moved to Nogojiwanong-Peterborough eight years ago. With a background in graphic design and copy writing, she has also written and designed for digital and print magazines.
For more information about First Friday Peterborough, visit firstfridayptbo.com.