Every month, kawarthaNOW is the only local media source to bring you a list of what’s coming to Netflix Canada. Here are a few highlights of what’s coming to Netflix in September.
The Netflix Australian romantic comedy Love is in the Air, filmed in Queensland’s picturesque Whitsundays islands, stars Delta Goodrem as a fiercely independent seaplane pilot fighting to keep her family business afloat who starts falling for the man sent by corporate to ground her operation forever. It premieres on Netflix on Friday, September 15th.
The Netflix adult animated dark fantasy action series Castlevania: Nocturne, a spin-off of the Castlevania animated series, is set in France in 1792 during the French Revolution and tells the origin story of Richter Belmont. It debuts on Netflix on Thursday, September 28th.
For the kids, there’s the Netflix spy comedy film Spy Kids: Armageddon, a reboot to the original Spy Kids franchise about the children of two secret agents who must work together to save their parents — and the world — when a game developer unleashes a powerful computer virus. It comes to Netflix on Friday, September 22nd.
The British teen sex comedy-drama series Sex Education returns for its fourth and final season on Thursday, September 21st. With Maeve in America and Moordale closed, Otis must find his footing at free-spirited Cavendish College — but he’s not the only sex therapist on campus.
The third and final season of the British crime drama series Top Boys, which Esquire has called “the best show on Netflix,” tells the story of drug dealers Dushane (Ashley Walters) and Sully (Kane Robinson) along with others involved with drug-dealing and gang violence in London. In the final season premiering on Thursday, September 7th, Sully takes charge, pushing Dushane to cash out, but with a new order comes new challenges, threats, and consequences.
VIDEO: “Top Boy” season three trailer
Other returning Netflix series include the fifth and final part of the animated medieval fantasy sitcom Disenchantment (Sep.1), season five of Virgin River (Sep. 7), and season five of Love Is Blind (Sep. 22).
Netflix documentaries include nature series Predators (Sep. 6), Scout’s Honor: The Secret Files of the Boy Scouts of America (Sep. 6), and Wrestlers (Sep. 13).
Theatrically released films coming to Netflix in September include 300, F9: The Fast Saga, Jexi, Madagascar, the Pitch Perfect franchise, and Straight Outta Compton (all on Sep. 1), The Wolf of Wall Street (Sep. 12), About Time (Sep. 15), American Hustle (Sep. 20), American Pie and Snowpiercer (both on Sep. 21), The Equalizer (Sep. 28), and A Nightmare on Elm Street and Troy (both on Sep. 30).
VIDEO: New on Netflix Canada in September 2023
Here’s the complete list of everything coming to Netflix Canada in September, along with what’s leaving.
Coming in September (no release date specified)
- The Devil’s Plan (Netflix series) – In this competition of intelligence, contestants face off in games of wit and strategy to be crowned winner and go home with the ultimate prize.
- Ice Cold: Murder, Coffee and Jessica Wongso (Netflix documentary) – This documentary delves into the unanswered questions surrounding the trial of Jessica Wongso — years after the death of her best friend, Mirna Salihin.
- Song of the Bandits (Netflix series) – In the lawless land of Gando, fierce bandits will stop at nothing to fight for their precious homeland and loved ones — even if it means life or death.
- Vasco Rossi: Living It (Netflix documentary) – Italy’s most beloved rock star Vasco Rossi grants unprecedented access to intimate details of his personal life and successful career over the decades.
- The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar (Netflix film) – A beloved Roald Dahl story about a rich man who learns about a guru who can see without using his eyes and then sets out to master the skill in order to cheat at gambling.
Friday, September 1
- A Day and a Half (Netflix film) – In a desperate bid to reunite with his daughter, an armed man bursts into the medical centre where his estranged wife works and kidnaps her.
- Disenchantment: Part 5 (Netflix series) – To save Dreamland from Queen Dagmar’s wrath, Princess Bean must vanquish her mother and outrun a prophecy that foretells she will kill the one she loves.
- Friday Night Plan (Netflix film) – When their mother takes off on a business trip, two bickering brothers unite to secretly attend the hottest party of the year before she returns.
- Happy Ending (Netflix film) – A year into their otherwise happy relationship, Luna’s suggestion to include a third person in their sex life turns her bond with Mink upside down.
- Love is Blind: After the Altar : Season 4 (Netflix series) – The season’s participants share updates and fresh perspectives a year after living the pod life while preparing for an epic flag football showdown.
- Are We There Yet?
- F9: The Fast Saga
- Halloween Kills
- I Spit on Your Grave
- One Piece Adventure of Nebulandia
- One Piece Episode of East blue – Luffy and His Four Crewmates’ Great Adventure
- One Piece Episode of Skypiea
- One Piece Film: Gold
- One Piece Heart of Gold
- One Piece: 3D2Y – Overcome Ace’s Death! Luffy’s Vow to His Friends
- Pitch Perfect
- Pitch Perfect 2
- Pitch Perfect 3
- Rumor Has It…
- Straight Outta Compton
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
- Young Sheldon: Season 6
Sunday, September 3
- Is She the Wolf? (Netflix series) – They’re all here to look for true romance — but hidden among the women is at least one “wolf,” a saboteur who’s only pretending to be falling in love.
Monday, September 4
- PAW Patrol: Season 9
Tuesday, September 5
- Shane Gillis: Beautiful Dogs (Netflix comedy) – A new stand-up comedy special from Shane Gillis.
Wednesday, September 6
- 6ixtynin9 The Series (Netflix series) – After losing her job, a woman discovers a mysterious package on her apartment doorstep — and her life takes a turn for the worse.
- Infamy (PL) (Netflix series) – They’re all here to look for true romance — but hidden among the women is at least one “wolf,” a saboteur who’s only pretending to be falling in love.
- Predators (Netflix documentary) – Experience life through the eyes of cheetahs, polar bears and more of the planet’s most powerful hunters as they fight against the odds to survive.
- Reporting For Duty (Netflix series) – When Suzano assumes the role of police chief at a new precinct, the timid newbie will have to prove his mettle to his fearless squad.
- Scout’s Honor: The Secret Files of the Boy Scouts of America (Netflix documentary) – Survivors, whistleblowers and experts recount the Boy Scouts of America’s decades-long cover-up of sexual abuse cases and its heartbreaking impact.
- Tahir’s House (Netflix series) – A family of amateur entrepreneurs must come together to convert their failing fish shop into a thriving business, but branching out isn’t easy.
Thursday, September 7
- Dear Child (Netflix series) – A mysterious woman’s escape from her harrowing captivity points investigators toward the terrifying truth behind an unsolved disappearance years earlier.
- Gamera – Rebirth (Netflix anime) – In the summer of 1989, four kids in Tokyo witness the emergence of the turtle kaiju Gamera, who bravely stands up against giant human-eating monsters.
- Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight: Season 3 (Netflix family) – In a race to destroy the all-powerful Tianshang weapons once and for all, the Dragon Knights face off against enemies both familiar and unexpected.
- Top Boy: Season 3 (Netflix series) – Sully takes charge, pushing Dushane to cash out, but with a new order comes new challenges, threats, and consequences.
- Virgin River: Season 5 (Netflix series) – Mel adjusts to a different pace of life, Jack works to grow his business, and the town faces new threats as secrets begin to surface in Virgin River.
- What If (PH) (Netflix film) – When a pair of newlywed musicians get trapped in a storm on their island honeymoon, they must face difficult truths that could tear their marriage apart.
Friday, September 8
- A Time Called You (Netflix series) – A grieving woman magically travels through time to 1998, where she meets a man with an uncanny resemblance to her late love.
- Burning Body (Netflix series) – When a police officer is murdered and set on fire, all eyes focus on two other agents: his girlfriend and her lover. Inspired by true events.
- Rosa Peral’s Tapes (Netflix documentary) – This true-crime documentary film features Rosa Peral’s first interview from prison since she was convicted of murdering her partner aided by an ex-lover.
- Selling The OC: Season 2 (Netflix series) – O Group agents work to keep their eyes on the prize as they meet a potential new teammate, battle red-hot rumours and test the real estate waters in Cabo.
- Spy Ops (Netflix documentary) – Intelligence operatives from MI6 to the CIA share insider stories of spy craft, Cold War campaigns, and coups carried out by covert agents.
Tuesday, September 12
- Glow Up: Season 5 (Netflix series) – A new batch of aspiring makeup artists draw, contour and blend their way to a big career break in this creative and colourful reality competition series.
- Michelle Wolf: It’s Great to Be Here (Netflix comedy) – A new stand-up comedy special from Michelle Wolf.
- The Wolf of Wall Street
Wednesday, September 13
- Class Act (FR) (Netflix series) – A relentlessly ambitious working-class man becomes one of France’s most controversial public figures in this fictionalized biopic about Bernard Tapie.
- Freestyle (PL) (Netflix film) – In need of cash for time in the recording studio, a rising rap star with a criminal past sets up a risky drug deal that could cost him everything.
- Wrestlers (Netflix documentary) – At a storied professional wrestling organization, new owners and a roster of rising stars strive to make an impact beyond the ring in this docuseries.
Thursday, September 14
- Barbie – A Touch of Magic: Season 1
- Ehrengard: The Art of Seduction (Netflix film) – Appointed to teach the Grand Duchess’s timid son the intricacies of seduction, a love connoisseur finds himself in a scandal — and a romance of his own.
- Once Upon a Crime (Netflix film) – While at the royal ball with Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood finds herself in the middle of a mystery. Can she solve the case before midnight strikes?
- Thursday’s Widows (Netflix series) – Teresa finds her husband and his two best friends dead in the lavish community where they live. As the truth comes to light, so will dark secrets.
Friday, September 15
- About Time
- The Club: Part 2 (Netflix series) – With her husband gone, Rasel raises her daughter at Club Istanbul with the help of her mother, but their relationships are tested by loss and betrayal.
- El Conde (Netflix film) – Augusto Pinochet is a vampire ready to die, but the vultures around him won’t let him go without one last bite. A dark satire by Pablo Larraín.
- Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons: Season 7 (Netflix documentary) – Journalist and former inmate Raphael Rowe experiences life inside prisons in Finland, the Czech Republic, Indonesia and the Solomon Islands.
- Love at First Sight (Netflix film) – Two strangers connect on a flight to London, only to be separated by a twist of fate. A reunion seems improbable — but love has a way of defying the odds.
- Miseducation (Netflix series) – After a public humiliation, a wannabe influencer enrols in the only university that will take her, where she aspires to regain her social status.
- Surviving Summer: Season 2 (Netflix series) – A new rival drops in as Summer trains with her friends for the national surfing competition, challenging her on the waves — and for the boy she loves.
Monday, September 18
- My Little Pony: Make Your Mark: Chapter 5 (Netflix family) – Now that Opaline has captured Sparky’s Dragonfire, the evil Alicorn is stronger than ever — and she won’t stop until she has all the power of Equestria!
Tuesday, September 19
- Kountry Wayne: A Woman’s Prayer (Netflix comedy) – Comedian Kountry Wayne delivers a rousing stand-up set about life as a dad of 10, how to know if a woman likes you and why he keeps it real with Jesus.
- The Saint of Second Chances (Netflix documentary) – Mike Veeck grew up in the shadow of his father, Hall of Fame baseball owner Bill Veeck. But it all fell apart when Mike blew up his dad’s career. Exiled from the game, the younger Veeck spent the next few decades clawing his way back, determined to redeem himself. The Saint of Second Chances is wildly unexpected, full of heart, and keeps you laughing through a comeback story unlike any other.
Wednesday, September 20
- American Hustle
- Hard Broken (Netflix series) – A tragic murder sends a friend group into a frenzy, revealing hidden romances and betrayals lurking beneath the surface of their seemingly perfect lives.
Thursday, September 21
- American Pie
- American Pie 2
- American Wedding
- KENGAN ASHURA: Season 2 (Netflix anime) – The second round of the Kengan Life-or-Death Tournament continues — without Ohma. As the mighty gladiators clash, a shadowy figure plots a violent coup.
- Scissor Seven: Season 4 (Netflix series) – After an intense battle, a severely wounded Seven must bounce back to defend Chicken Island and his friends from another ruthless Shadow assassin.
- Sex Education: Season 4 (Netflix series) – With Maeve in America and Moordale closed, Otis must find his footing at free-spirited Cavendish College — but he’s not the only sex therapist on campus.
Friday, September 22
- The Black Book (NG) (Netflix film) – After his son is framed for a kidnapping, a bereaved deacon takes justice into his own hands and fights a corrupt police gang to absolve him.
- How To Deal With a Heartbreak (Netflix film) – Her two best friends are mapping out a bright future. Ma Fé? She’s broke, uninspired and under a tight deadline to produce a book she can’t write.
- Love Is Blind: Season 5 (Netflix series) – Hoping to find their future fiancés by talking through walls, a new group of men and women braves twists, turns and triangles in search of true love.
Saturday, September 23
- Spy Kids: Armageddon (Netflix family) – When a game developer unleashes a powerful computer virus, the children of two secret agents must work together to save their parents — and the world.
Monday, September 25
- Little Baby Bum: Music Time (Netflix family) – Come join the fun at the magically musical Magic Time preschool, where every day is an adventure fueled by familiar songs — and lots of learning!
Tuesday, September 26
- Who Killed Jill Dando? (Netflix documentary) – Revisit the shocking 1999 murder of beloved TV presenter Jill Dando, which continues to mystify experts and the public, in this in-depth documentary.
Wednesday, September 27
- Encounters (Netflix documentary) – Lights in the sky over Texas and Japan. Spacecrafts over schoolyards in Wales and Zimbabwe. It’s not science fiction – these stories of extraordinary mass sightings are true. Presented with fresh urgency by experiencers, top scientists, and military insiders, this thrilling four-part series sets aside skepticism to focus on belief, wonder, and the very human impact of encounters with extraterrestrial life.
- Overhaul (Netflix film) – When truck racer Roger loses everything, he receives a tempting but dangerous offer: to work as the getaway driver for a gang of thieves.
- Street Flow 2 (FR) (Netflix film) – Struggling to overcome cycles of betrayal, revenge and violence, the Traoré brothers continue to fight for a brighter future in a seedy Paris suburb.
Thursday, September 28
- Castlevania: Nocturne (Netflix series) – France, 1792: It begins. A new animated series in the Castlevania universe from showrunners Kevin Kolde (“Castlevania”) and Clive Bradley (“Trapped”) and directors Sam Deats & Adam Deats (“Castlevania”).
- The Equalizer
- Love is in the Air (Netflix film) – A fiercely independent pilot fighting to keep her family business afloat starts to fall for the man sent by corporate to ground her operation forever.
- The Darkness within La Luz del Mundo (Netflix documentary) – For the first time, complainants against La Luz del Mundo megachurch leaders expose the abuses they suffered through exclusive interviews.
Friday, September 29
- Choona (Netflix series) – When an unlikely group of misfits discovers a common enemy in the same ruthless yet superstitious politician, they plot a heist to exact revenge.
- Do Not Disturb (Netflix film) – A middle-aged man emerges from a pandemic slump with a new job at a quiet hotel, until some eccentric guests turn his first night into a wild adventure.
- Love Is Blind: Season 5 (Netflix series, new episodes) – Hoping to find their future fiancés by talking through walls, a new group of men and women braves twists, turns and triangles in search of true love.
- Nowhere (Netflix film) – Pregnant, alone and drifting in the sea, a woman trapped in a shipping container tries to survive after fleeing a devastated totalitarian country.
- Power Rangers Cosmic Fury (Netflix family) – When Lord Zedd returns more powerful than ever, Team Cosmic Fury takes to the cosmos to battle the emperor of evil — and save the universe as we know it.
Saturday, September 30
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
Leaving Netflix Canada in September
Friday, September 1
- Space Jam: A New Legacy
Thursday, September 7
Friday, September 15
Friday, September 22
- The Suicide Squad
Saturday, September 30
- Jurassic Park
- Jurassic Park III
All titles and dates are subject to change.