The Lakefield Farmers’ Market is set to open on Thursday, May 21st.
The market will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Thursday in the Lakefield arena parking lot beside Isabel Morris Park in Lakefield.
“During COVID-19, the market is adapting to ensure customer and vendor well-being, health, and safety under the guidance of Peterborough Public Health,” says market manager Jenny Ross.
The following measures required by Peterborough Public Health will be in place to ensure a safe shopping experience:
- only one person per family will be permitted to shop
- physical distancing requirements will be in place for vendors and purchasers
- one-way customer traffic flow measures will be in place
- the number of customers in the market area at any one time will be limited
- there will be just one entry point for customers to the market area
- hand sanitizer stations will be available
- advance online ordering will be encouraged (information coming soon).
The Lakefield Farmers’ Market has been a verified local market since it launched 10 years ago. Each agricultural vendor is verified under the MyPick program of Farmers’ Market Ontario.
“During this difficult period, people are concerned about food security and one way to accomplish that is by supporting local producers at this market.” says Jennie MacKenzie, board member and owner of The Lakefield Pantry.
Here’s a list of confirmed vendors at the market:
- Cedar Grove Organic Farm – vegetables
- Garden Hill Market – vegetables
- Leahy Stock Farm -beef, pork
- McLean Berry Farm – berries, vegetables, preserves, maple syrup
- Pillitteri Estates Winery – VQA wine
- Otonabee Apiary – honey and honey products
- Yellow House Bees – honey and honey products
- Wagner Maple Products – maple syrup and maple products
- Sara’s Plant Stand – vegetable seedlings and annual/perennial seedlings
- Chaga Health and Wellness – chaga mushroom products
- Belly of the Beast Craft Kombucha
- Jam Cupboard – jams and jellies (starting June 4th)
- Fenton Farms – chicken and prepared chicken sandwiches, beef burgers (starting June 25th)
- La Mesita – Mexican Food (starting July 2nd)
- Tipsy Willow Farm – lamb, pork, goat meat and duck eggs (starting July 2nd)
- 14th Line Flowers – cut flowers (starting mid-July)
For more information and updates, visit lakefieldfarmersmarket.net.
This story has been updated to include public health measures in place at the market and a list of confirmed vendors.