The Peterborough Downtown Business Improvement Area (DBIA) has announced the 12 members of its 2023 board of management.
The 2023 board, which includes three previous members and nine newcomers, was elected at the DBIA’s 2022 annual general meeting at Showplace Performance Centre last Wednesday (June 22).
“We are thrilled to have some new perspectives at the board level representing our downtown,” says DBIA executive director Terry Guiel in a media release. “It’s encouraging to see so many dedicated and generous people wanting to volunteer their time to help build a more vibrant central business district for everyone.”
The 12 elected board members are:
- Gregorius Erico of Lett Architects
- Jason Wilkins of Wilkins Art and Creative Inc.
- Joe Rees of Peterborough and the Kawarthas Tourism
- Laura Montague of Ashburnham Realty
- Madeleine Hurrell of Peterborough and the Kawarthas Economic Development
- Mark Million of The Capitol PTBO
- Michael Cherney of Cherney Properties
- Neil Hannam of V Formation
- Nigel Lister of Pioneer Inc.
- Paul Hurley of Engage Engineering
- Sacha Lai-Svirk of Outpost 379
- Tiffany Arcari of Peterborough and the Kawarthas Chamber of Commerce
Each of the 12 board members has a four-year term, with all board members limited to a maximum of two terms.
With the approval of Peterborough city council, board members will begin their terms at the end of the year. The 13th member of the board will be a city council representative, to be determined following the municipal election this fall.
The DBIA board of management meets monthly (except in July, August, and December). Board members may also join DBIA subcommittees alongside their regular board duties.